Frequently asked questions
I’ve never been diving before, can I still go?
- Yes. If you are a beginner diver, we will go over basic diving skills and practice various safety techniques prior to your dive. If you are nervous to get directly into the sea, we can start with a pool training.
How long will the dive last
- Each dive typically lasts 45 minutes to one hour, depending on air consumption. If you choose to do multiple dives, you must wait at least one hour between dives.
What is the best time of day to dive?
- I typically recommend that customers start their first dive in the morning around 8am; however, this is flexible and can be adjusted to meet your needs. If you would like to get started early, sunrise dives are a good choice as well. Sunset dives and night dives are an exciting option available to certified divers.
If there are multiple people in my group, will we be accompanied by additional divemasters?
- Yes, I can arrange for additional divemasters to join us. I always make sure that each diver that is not certified has their own divemaster.
What other things are there to do in and around Tulamben?
- Grab a bite at one of the village warungs (if you’re lucky you might catch one of the local bands playing live music), watch the sun rise across the water or set behind Mount Agung, go fishing with a local fisherman, watch how salt is made on the beach, or wander around Tulamben’s morning market. Head to the nearby village of Amed (20 minute drive) for additional restaurants, reggae bars, yoga, stand up paddleboarding, sea kayaking tours, and more diving/snorkeling. You can also trek the slopes of Mount Seraya, climb up to Pura Lempuyang mountain temple, take in breathtaking rice terraces around Tirta Gangga, or bathe in the pools at Tirta Gangga water palace.
Are there accomodations in Tulamben?
- Yes, there are plenty of places to stay in Tulamben, from basic homestays to oceanside resorts and bungalows. Send me a message if you would like recommendations.
How far is Tulamben from the airport / South Bali?
- Depending on where exactly you are coming from, the drive to Tulamben should be between 2-3 hours.
Can transportation be arranged to/from the airport / South Bali?
- Yes, just mention this when you are booking your dive and I can help arrange transportation to/from other parts of the island.